Sun, 16 November 2008
This week's playlist:
• The Moon Is Full by Albert Collins, Johnny Copeland and Robert Cray, from Showdown! (1985) available from Alligator Records and the iTMS. Visit Collins' page, Copeland's page and Cray's page at the Alligator site for more information.
• Foul Weather Blues by Harpdog Brown. To buy Harpdog's most recent CD, Once in a Howlin' Moon, visit HarpdogBrown.com. Visit Harpdog's Garageband page or his MySpace page for more information and to hear more killer tracks.
• Listen To The Wind by The Hitman Blues Band, from Angel in the Shadow (2003), available from CD Baby and the iTunes Music Store. Visit HitmanBluesBand.com and their MySpace page for more information.
• See Me In the Evening by Hound Dog Taylor, from Deluxe Edition (1999), available from Alligator Records and from the iTMS. Visit Hound Dog's bio page at the Alligator Records site for more information.
• Beehive Baby by Reverend Raven, featuring Madison Slim, from Live At Blues On Grand (2004); available from their site, CD Baby and the iTunes Music Store. Visit ReverendRaven.com for more information.
Mentioned during this show: BarackObama.com/issues.
Excellent resources for more information about the blues: The Blues Foundation and the Delta Blues Museum; be sure to download and listen to the DBM's top-notch (and free) podcast, the Uncensored History of the Blues; BluesRevue.com, the online home of Blues Revue magazine; BigCityBluesMag.com, the online home of Big City Blues magazine; BluesCritic.com.
Be sure to read Today's Chicago Blues by Karen Hanson, an excellent guide to all things blues in present-day Chicago.
For up-to-the-minute news about things to do in Chicago: TheLocalTourist.com.