Sun, 24 August 2008
This week's playlist:
• Overnight Sensation by the Jackie Payne Steve Edmonson Band, from Overnight Sensation (2008); available from CD Baby, Delta Groove Productions and the iTMS. Visit the band's official Website for more information.
• Tell Me Why by Moreland & Arbuckle, from the compilation The Future of the Blues, Vol. 3 (2008); the track is from 1861 (2008). Both the compilation and 1861 are available from NorthernBlues.com, and 1861 is available from the iTMS. Visit KingsnakesBlues.com for more information.
• Ragtop Cadillac by George Fletcher's Bourbon Renewal, from Ain't The Worst That You Could Find (2000), available from CD Baby. A live version of Ragtop Cadillac is on the album Dangerous Things - Live (2005), available from CD Baby and the iTMS. Visit GeorgeFletcher.com for more information.
• Going Down That Road Feeling Bad, Gotta Go Down and Big Leg Woman, all by by Bill Sims Jr. and Mark LaVoie, and all from American Blues Roots Duo (2008); available from the iTMS. Visit BillSimsJr.com, Middlebury.net/LaVoie and this page at the Delta Groove Productions site for more information.
• Chesterfield County Jail by Mason Casey, from the compilation The Future of the Blues, Vol. 3 (2008); the track is from Sofa King Badass (2007). Both the compilation and Sofa King Badass are available from NorthernBlues.com, and Sof King Badass is available from the iTMS. Visit for more information.
Excellent sites to visit for more information about the blues: The Blues Foundation and the Delta Blues Museum; be sure to download and listen to the DBM's top-notch (and free) podcast, the Uncensored History of the Blues; BluesRevue.com, the online home of Blues Revue magazine; BigCityBluesMag.com, the online home of Big City Blues magazine; BluesCritic.com. Be sure to read Today's Chicago Blues by Karen Hanson, an excellent guide to all things blues in present-day Chicago.