Sun, 3 February 2008
This week's playlist:
• Sloppy Drunk by Saffire - The Uppity Blues Women, from Saffire - The Uppity Blues Women: Deluxe Edition (1994); available from Alligator Records or the iTunes Music Store. Visit UppityBluesWomen.com for more information.
• Honey Bee by Papa Mali from Do Your Thing (2007); available from FogCityRecords.com and the iTunes Music Store. Visit this page, sponsored by Fog City Records, and read this article at JamBands.com for more information about Papa Mali.
• The Tune (the chords my daddy taught me) by Michael Charles, from BAR, Volume 5 (2008); available from BluesAndRootsPromotions.com. Michael's CD, I'm Nobody's Fool (2006), which also includes The Tune, is available from the store at Michael's site and CD Baby. Visit MichaelCharles.us and his MySpace page for more information.
• Anytime You Want, Can't Let Go and How in the Devil, by Sean Costello, all from We Can Get Together (2008); available now from the U.S. iTMS. Release of the physical CD is set for Feb. 19th. Visit SeanCostello.com and this page at DeltaGrooveProductions.com for more information.
• When Malindy Sings by Phantom Blues Band, from Footprints (2007); available direct from the band when you click the "CD" link at their site, and the iTMS. Visit PhantomBluesBand.com and this page at DeltaGrooveProductions.com for more information.
Mentioned during this show: what's a cannoli?; Mike's Pastry, Boston home of sublime cannoli; how people feel about Mike's Pastry; and the blues thread at MyMontanaReduxMyfreeforum.org; click here for more information about how you can obtain podcasts; click here to donate to the Bob Enos Memorial Fund.
Excellent online resources for more information about the blues: The Blues Foundation and the Delta Blues Museum; and be sure to download and listen to the DBM's top-notch (and free) podcast, the Uncensored History of the Blues. Be sure to read Today's Chicago Blues by Karen Hanson, an excellent guide to all things blues in present-day Chicago.