Sun, 30 January 2011
This episode's playlist:
• Little by Little (2:46) and I Can't Be Satisfied (3:32) by Gregg Allman, from Low Country Blues (2011); available from the store at his site, Rounder Records and iTunes. Visit GreggAllman.com for more information.
• Hesitation Blues (3:54) and Baby, Please Don't Go (2:24) by Brad Vickers & His Vestapolitans, from Le Blues Hot (2008); available from CD Baby and iTunes. Visit this MySpace page and this page at CD Baby for more information.
• Burned Down The House (4:21) and Nothing's Changed For The Po (4:30) by The Homemade Jamz Band, from The Game (2010); available from the store at their site and iTunes. Visit HMJamzBluesBand.com for more information.
• Payback Time (3:29) and Got To Bring It With You (5:16) by The Fabulous Thunderbirds, from Fabulous Thunderbirds (2009); available from the store at their site. Visit FabulousThunderbirds.com for more information.
• Cypress In The Pines (3:37) and Devil Got His Way (2:49) by Damon Fowler, from Devil Got His Way (2011); available from Blind Pig Records and iTunes. Visit this page at the Blind Pig Records site for the most up-to-date information.
• Prisoner of Misery (4:09) and If There's a Heaven (6:41) by Joe Louis Walker, from Between a Rock and the Blues (2009); available from the sore at his site, Stony Plain Records.com and iTunes. Visit JoeLouisWalker.com for more information.
Mentioned during this episode: T-Bone Burnett; go here to join the Blues Foundation (and be eligible to vote for this year's Blue Music Award nominees); read the New York Times review of the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival here; and buy the 2-DVD set from the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival from Amazon here.
The Gas For Less photo attachment to this episode's mp3 file is courtesy of Theresa Carter, publisher of TheLocalTourist.com, and a very good friend to Murphy's Saloon.
The music you hear on Murphy's Saloon comes to you courtesy of the artists and their labels. In addition, one of the following fine organizations may have provided assistance as an intermediary: IODA PROMONET, AirplayDirect, RadioSubmit or Music Alley.